Monday, March 16, 2009

My Third Favorite Holiday!


Tomorrow... the day of all days... My Third Favorite Holiday!

What's number one and number two? Christmas and My Birthday, of course! (Wait, you thought birthdays weren't a national holiday, right? Well mine is!)
Now, being Irish and all, I am not only excited to celebrate tomorrow, but I am also contractually obligated to celebrate because of my ancestry. I have stocked up on supplies weeks in advance including all the green money can buy, a clover headband, green suspenders and plenty of beads. We go big.

And don't worry-the festivities start AFTER work. I will not be sneaking my flask in for beer-thirty. I have to say, I'm a little jealous of the crew going at 8am to begin their festivities, but I know that the company I'll be with and the good times that we'll have will bring more than enough cheer to last me until next year.

I'll leave you with this Irish blessing, and I hope that your day tomorrow is full of the great Irish spirit!

May you always have
Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!


And P.S. All the drinking tomorrow will not get in the way of my triathlon training... I feel it will only boost it :)

No comments: