Thursday, February 26, 2009


So I don't necessarily want to go to Arizona for a massage, but that would be nice.

Who couldn't use one of those right now? With the economy how it is, money being tight and so much pressure at work I think we're all feeling the pain. Mine is in my upper back. I haven't had this pain since I was writing my senior thesis and THAT had me sprawled on the floor. This time it's not that bad.. yet.
I had some wine last night (maybe a little more than "some") and it definitely helped relax my muscles.

Something I'm working on is helping my body to handle stress differently. I don't even know I'm stressing until I feel it in my body, and by that time it's too late! Like my brother told me, we all have different ways of handling it and different ways of helping it. There's no widespread solution to alleviating stress and the pain that may or may not come with it, however, there is a way to help. It's all in your way of thinking. You have to choose to be positive and realize that in the long run-things will be okay.

Not to belittle our pains and stresses, but there is ALWAYS someone who is worse off than we are. We have to be thankful for the freedom and the things that we do have, especially amazing friends and family. Wow-this is getting a little too sentimental haha.

To sum it up: Take a break, breathe, and try to always see the positive in things. It makes life so much more beautiful!

1 comment:

Lora Abernathy said...

Hey, I follow you on Twitter and saw that you started a blog. I've been blogging for almost a year now and I love it.

I commpete in triathlons, too, and I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Have a great Friday!

- L. (ironmountaineer)